Greeters is a ministry focused on welcoming newcomers, making them feel "at home" at St. David's. Our team directs visitors to their desired areas, like church school, babysitting, fellowship as well as answering any questions about St. David's parish. It is our goal to provide all who come to visit or who are looking for a new spiritual home with information on services, ministries, Sunday school, contacts, and more.
MEN'S DISCUSSION GROUP
Join us each Wednesday morning at 7:00 AM in the Library at St. David's for a Men's Discussion Group. A short prayer service is followed by a time of invaluable sharing and discussion of current topics of interest including, politics, violence, poverty, health, technology, and "stories by George". We aim to examine and process the spiritual aspect of these issues and what they mean to each of us.
Attendance varies from anywhere from five to eight men, of which anyone can present his perspective as he desires. Everyone is invited to attend; and please do join us, as we welcome fresh insight and different viewpoints.
WOMEN'S DISCUSSION GROUP
Early riser! Those of us who come to David's Women's Group on Tuesday mornings have become early risers and find our sessions empowering and worthwhile. From 6:30 to 7:30 AM we follow one of the following two discussion conventions:
On the first and third Tuesday of the month we begin with a short service, breakfast and discuss the current book that we have selected for reading.
On the second, fourth and, when on the calendar, fifth Tuesday of the month involves a discussion of the lessons for the day and coffee is on your own.
Our discussions and books are based on faith and since we have many differing perspectives, it is a lively beginning to your day. Please join us and see for yourself!
The Worship Team aids the Rector in the planning of future services and worship related events by offering lay insight and recommendations to various aspects of the service. The Worship Team is comprised of representatives of the Lay Readers, Eucharistic Ministers, Ushers, Acolytes, Altar Guild, Flower Guild, and each music program. All parishioners are invited to attend the monthly meetings and share their thoughts and perspectives.
There are normally two ushers at the 10:15 a.m. Sunday service. Their duties include:
- Greeting and distributing service bulletins to the congregation attendees at the service
- Ringing the church bell to announce the beginning and end of the service
- Delivering the Eucharistic bread and wine to the altar to be consecrated by the priest
- Collecting the offertory by passing the offertory plates
- Conducting a body count of all participants in the church, including Sunday School teachers, youth, children and nursery.
- Guiding members of the congregation to the altar rail for communion
- Cleaning up and securing the sanctuary following the service
Any individual (adult, teenager or youth) can serve as an usher. If you are interested in participating in this important ministry, contact the church office or speak to any usher.
The parish congregation is led by the Clergy and the Vestry. The Clergy (our Rector) is the leader of our worship and all liturgical elements of the parish. The Vestry is the governing body that carries out the business of the parish as well as leads the congregation towards both its mission goals and the vision actions that will help us get there.
The Vestry is chartered to carry out some important responsibilities:
- Discern the mission toward which God is directing our community, and articulate our mission and supporting vision statements to the congregation;
- Carry out the financial and business operations of the parish to reflect our mission goals; and
- Support the Clergy and the programs of the parish in a manner that invites congregation participation in our Christian life together.
Learn More About the Vestry Here