Photo and Video Use Policy
Saint David’s Episcopal Church is a warm and caring parish, welcoming diversity in age, gender, and background. Publishing photos and videos of worship and other church-related activities is an important part of staying true to our identity and carrying out our mission.
Saint David’s has an “opt-out” photo and video policy. Therefore, photos and videos may be taken and published of any individual unless a written statement requests otherwise. Publishing of photos and videos includes, but is not limited to, posting on our website and social media, inclusion in e-mails, and inclusion in print media.
Published photos and videos will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Saint David’s will not knowingly publish anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable, or hurtful to anyone in the photo.
- Saint David’s understands that worship service is an intimate experience to many. Therefore, published photos and videos taken during worship services will typically be of people reading, singing, and playing music.
- Saint David’s will not identify minors by name, parent’s names, or other personal information in the photos and videos we post online. (Minors are defined as children under the age of 18. Additionally, young adults participating as a youth in a youth program, regardless of age, will also be considered “minors.” For example, youth in high school often turn 18 their senior year. They will be treated as “minors” until they graduate and no longer participate in the senior high youth group and other youth programming.)
- Adults may be identified in photos and videos. Past photos and videos (e.g., #tbt photos) showing children that have since aged into legal adults may also be identified.
- Saint David’s will not publish photos or videos of minors in conjunction with promotion of upcoming events.
- Saint David’s will gladly remove any photo or video for any reason upon request. The concerned individual should contact the Church Office.
Because privacy is a greater concern with minors, youth-specific activities such as VBS, Young Engineers, and Sunday School will remind parents of this “opt-out” photo and video policy on the registration form.
Adopted by the vestry June 17, 2014